Project Manager Mechanical Engineering Portland, WA
Sustained company growth opens the door at this established and growing mechanical engineering supplier. Alongside the engineering and sales team, you will be trained to support customers with sales, engineering, and product delivery logistics on complex new and existing construction projects.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Use manufacturers’ software selection tools to create submittal documents, installation and operations manuals, and other technical information for the building owner.
- Attend webinar training opportunities individually or joined by other team members, manufacturer personnel, and key customers,
- Learn the equipment selection and ordering processes and manage the discussion of changes with customers and manufacturing personnel to ensure on-time delivery and project schedule attainment.
- Assist Sales Engineers with follow-up on projects and help with prep of quotes and proposals for key accounts.
- Learn about and eventually assist with the engineering of HVAC systems,( as directed by the VP of Engineering).
Desired Qualifications for the Project Manager:
- Either a degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Any interest or understanding of construction, design, or HVAC Mechanical equipment a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid MS office skills
- Detail oriented
- Good numeric acuity
Compensation for the Project Manager:
Start to $70,000 plus substantial monthly bonus, a full benefits package, PTO, free parking, and a very nice supervisor who likes to train. There’s lots to learn at this congenial, low turnover firm.